Friday, February 3, 2012

My week recapped - no it is not that interesting

It seems I only remember to take pictures in the morning, thus the ever present pajamas.  I promise Micah does have other clothes

He's Moving! Okay not really but he so wants to (Micah that is).  The boy is cranky because he can't crawl yet.  Last I mentioned it he was sporting the seal (up on his hands) and the fish out of water (hands behind him  and legs flailing) and now he is up on all fours rocking.   I don't want my little baby to grow up but I am ready for this crankiness to pass.

Check out the action pose, this is mid spin.


Lets see what else has happened this week.  I loaded up the van with a good friend and her two girls and we headed down to the zoo.  So much fun to have everyone in one vehicle and enjoy the ride down there.  And we chose the perfect day to be there, beautiful weather and practically empty.

Caleb with his good friend Mary Stewart


Caleb is so funny, he loves animals but gets scared when they are bigger than he expects.  The next day he kept saying "elephant is big big big".



The elephant was showing off for us

 One of my old co-workers is going to have a baby soon so a few of the teachers threw her a baby shower.  It was so fun to see all the ladies again (a few of my co-workers were male but they never come to showers).  I miss seeing those ladies everyday but I don't miss the stresses of teaching or the crazy balance of loving on your kids (biological and students).  But I do miss the kids, more on that another day.
He has a surprisingly long reach

I visited a new preschool and revisited one I like.  I have until today to make my decision as to where I want to send Caleb next year.  I started looking not sure if I was committed to sending Caleb to preschool but after looking I realized I think both he and I will get a lot out of preschool.  I am only looking at two days a week and evidently that is not a popular choice in my area.  Most of the people are interested in sending their 2 year old to preschool three days a week.  I am just not ready for that.


He really focused on trying to rock the lion statue.  He seemed to think that he could make it move.

We had dinner with some wonderful friends.  Oh how it nourishes your soul to hang out with good friends.

Handsome, just like Daddy.


Honesty corner: I am still attempting to catch up on laundry.  Caleb's clothes got washed but that was only because he keeps peeing through his diaper at night and three mornings in a row his sheets were wet, that is more sheets than we have for his bed.  Thus laundry.

another action shot

My kitchen is still a mess and I am hoping that no one needs to come in my house today and that I wave a magic wand and it will be clean by tomorrow night when some friends come over for dinner.  Yes I am spending my free time blogging instead of cleaning.  So now I'll go fix that.

I forgot to mention his bottom teeth finally busted through the gums.  And in case you didn't know my fingers are double jointed, not broken.


Have a fabulous weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie