| checking out the bobcat (now that it is empty and won't move) |
Caleb is going through a scared phase. When we first went outside he was terrified of the bob cat and had to be held while it was on. He calls the bob cat a digger, and he kept saying "digger gonna get me". But later he changed this phrase to "digger not gonna get me cause I not dirt, digger only dig up dirt".
| Notice the slightly terrified but amazed face |
He also was afraid of the dump truck. Here is how that conversation went:
C: dump truck gonna get me
M: no he is not. Dump trucks are nice.
C: no he not
a minute or so later
M: what do you think of the cool digger
C: He is cool, and dump truck is awesome too
a minute later
C: I not going to fight the dump truck
M: did you say you were going to fight the dump truck?
C: no I not going to fight dump truck, I going to fight you.
M: oh, no thank you. Fighting is bad. Who taught you about fighting?
C: fighting not bad
He makes me laugh so much and I have no idea where he learned about fighting. Although I am beginning to wonder what he thinks fighting is because if I had to guess I would say it involves either eating something or biting something.
I know that there are innate differences in boys and girls because I am positive my friends with sweet little girls would not have been so enamored with watching the digger today. Nor would they want to fight the dump truck.
I hope they are still at it when he wakes up from his nap. Or even better the concrete mixer might be here by then.

I'd love to see more pictures to see the progress. I'm having a hard time picturing exactly what they all did.
ReplyDelete