Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy Anniversary

Stumbled upon this picture the other day.

We look so young and skinny.  If you were there then this picture may remind you of the excessive smoke you inhaled as we were leaving, and for that I'm sorry.  I thought we had sparklers but evidently they were no ordinary sparklers, but they were fun colors and they made for a good picture.

Wow how life has changed in 6 years.  Lets see off the top of my head in no particular order, we have lived in two houses,  sold a house in a down market (think no fun), got a dog, went to obedience school, had two kids, we've had 4 cars, became members of our church, started a home fellowship group in our area, got a masters, started teaching, stopped teaching to stay at home, lost a grandfather, lost a mom (that is hard to move past as I type my list), went to a ton of weddings, participated in a handful, helped a friend get engaged, stayed at the Ritz three times (this is my favorite hotel and is totally Chris spoiling me and I love it), went to the beach every spring break, built a fire place, built a deck ( my favorite memory from the deck project was when I had to have knee surgery and Chris left the surgery and came home to finish installing the stairs so I could get back into the house),installed under stairs organizer, redid the back splash, spray painted the refrigerator, finally removed the black spray paint from the floor, hid all the wires for the TV,  had two knee surgeries, went to birthing classes together,  threw a surprise birthday party that was discovered when someone checked the debit card balance before coming home on his birthday, enlisted the help of friends to move the pool table 3 times before being done, we now eat dinner at 6 when we used to eat dinner closer to 8, a fabulous day is now one where we clean the house together, a lazy Saturday no longer exists,  can't remember the last time we went to the movies,

this list could go on forever but I need to get ready for my night out with my man and nap time is only so long.  So I will leave my list as is with no editing.

I love you handsome, thanks for a fabulous six years! I wonder what our lives will look like in another 6 years.

1 comment:

Lilypie