Monday, January 9, 2012
Nap time manipulation
Caleb is a good napper but the key is getting him to bed. You always have to convince him or force him to take a nap, most of the time once he falls asleep he is good for a few hours. But he has learned how to get out of taking a nap. He is so clever it is frustration and awesome. Here is an example from today:
I got him ready for nap and read a few books then
Mommy: It's time to get in bed
Caleb: One more book
Mommy: No Caleb that was the last one, it's time to get in bed now
He complies and climbs into bed tucks himself in and says lets pray after praying the game continues.
Caleb: I want to keep talking
Mommy: I would love to keep talking but it is time for nap
Caleb: I want to keep talking
Mommy: We will talk after nap time, now lay down and go to sleep
This phrase was repeated once more before he went to sleep. He tugs on my heart strings as I too want to keep talking too but I know what a cranky pants he is without a nap so I have to be forceful and make him go to sleep.
Below is a list of phrases he has used to con me (or someone else) into delaying or postponing nap.
~ Just one more minute
~ Lay down with me
~ I want to cuddle
~ Lay down and take nap in mommy daddy bed
~ I want to go downstairs and play with my toys
~ Read more books please
Oh Clever boy I have no idea what is in store for me later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment