A while back I was at a baby shower for a relatively new, but now sweet and dear friend Katie. It was a phenomenal shower because we spent more time at the shower praying for her and her sweet baby girl than anything else. Well at that shower someone mentioned mommy blogs and how you usually feel awful because everyone sounds so perfect and you aren't.
A few months ago a friend said it had been a while since I blogged, was everything okay. I said not great, not awful but just getting by. She mentioned I usually only blog when things are going well.
So those two comment combined bring you this no good, very bad nap time.
Micah is usually a great napper. He takes a morning and afternoon nap both are 2 to 3 hours in length. But not this week and not today. Today the morning nap was maybe 1 hour so I was having trouble deciding if I would put him down for his second nap early or at normal time. Things didn't shake out like I was hoping so it looked like it was going to have to be normal to late for his second nap. It was time for Caleb's nap and wanted him asleep so that I could give Micah the attention and calm quiet room he needed for a good nap. So I get Caleb all changed and ready for nap (side note: Caleb has to wear pajamas to nap b/c he inevitably sticks his hands in his pants and later pees on himself, oh joy). So PJ's on and we are reading a book while Micah plays on his blanket on the floor. Caleb picks a Dr Seuss 65 page book, so it is taking a while to read and I didn't think about skipping pages till much later. The book is taking so long to read that Micah is no longer content and is now quite cranky. So I put Micah in my lap and I'm trying to finish this book with Caleb next to me. Micah is not happy and wiggles out of my lap and is laying in front of me off and on crying begging for nap time. Caleb takes my vacant lap as a chance to climb into my lap and grabs a book to hold onto. Micah grabs the book with his mouth wide open as Caleb pulls the book away however he actually shoves the corner of the book into Micah's mouth. Micah is screaming in pain so i quickly move Caleb out of my lap and grab Micah to console him. At this move Caleb he looses it, he is crying as if his mommy no longer loves him and has banished him forever. Micah is still crying and grabbing my glasses as Caleb is trying to also receive some comfort for his emotional scarring. After everyone stops crying I tell Caleb it's nap time and to get in bed. Three attempts later, some discipline for not listening to mommy, jumping on his bed, more discipline and poor Micah crying through it all saying please let me eat and go to sleep, Caleb is finally down for a nap.
I'm exhausted and what do I see when i come down stairs but a huge mess created during our morning in every room of the house. This is my normal every day life. I love love love having two kids but not when they are both crying.

No comments:
Post a Comment