My fingers are double jointed and long ago (when I was a kid) I learned how to make a dinosaur with my hand, it is a brontosaurus (I think, I should know all my dinosaurs by now b/c I have seen enough episodes of dinosaur train). Well one day during bath time I showed Caleb and he loves it. He requests it often. Right now he wants the dinosaur to talk to everyone, or everything. And when my dinosaur is busy (think doing dishes or cooking or maybe even cleaning) he will let his dinosaur talk to others. It is adorable.
Where _______ is? I love that he says it in the wrong order. Fill in the blank with any one or any object. He asks this question when he truly wants an answer and when he is playing a joke. He likes to hide whatever he is playing with and see if you can find it. The other day he put his hand in a book and said " Where hand is"? One of these days he is going to be good at hiding things. Oh the other day he actually stupped me. When he hides he says "Where Kabeb is?" The fella was hiding in daddy's suits, I couldn't find him and he stayed there quiet for a minute. I actually had to tell him in my worried voice stop hiding where are you, show me where you are.
If you sneeze he says Bless you mommy (or daddy or micah). After you say thank you he responds Your welcome mommy. This melts my heart. Today I was feeding Micah in his room and Caleb wondered down stairs (don't worry it is open and I can hear everything). I sneezed and Caleb yelled at me until I responded " BLESS YOU MOMMY".
He now uses adjectives on his own. For instance:
Caleb fast
Mommy funny
Daddy smart
Micah too little
If something doesn't work or is broken Caleb responds, Daddy fix it. He believes his Daddy can fix everything. I love and treasure this phase.
_____ said .... This phrase is used when he wants to repeat what someone said or did. He also uses this for both people and objects. My favorite of recent was when Caleb tripped and dropped his magna doodle (I think that is what it is called) and it slid across the floor. So caleb said drawing said and he proceeds to throw his body on the floor and slide across it.
As I type this Micah is jumping away in his Johnny Jump up and chatting with me. He is getting so vocal (both when happy and frustrated). I don't remember Caleb making this much noise.
I talk to Caleb (and Micah) constantly. I basically dictate everything I do, which to me is now normal and I don't notice it until I'm in the grocery store and people laugh or join in on the conversation.
| just to reward you for reading my ramblings. no i did not lock him in the dog crate, he climbed in |

Enjoying reading about your adventures raising your two boys. Love you and Chris. Your ramblings have been lots of fun to read.
ReplyDelete