Monday, October 31, 2011

2 years old

This post is a bit delayed because poor Caleb got strep.  I didn't even realize he was sick, it was discovered during his 2 year appointment. 

I thought I would share some fun facts about Caleb and some reminiscing pictures.

Weight:  25 lbs (15% ) - he dropped from 25% at the last appointment
Height:  34 in (50 %)

~  today I asked him where Percy (the small green train from Thomas and Friends) was and he responded "I don't know".  What?  My boy responded with the correct multiple words phrase.  He is growing up

~ He is very into directional phrases currently, such as: right there, over there, that way, this way, etc

~ He runs everywhere and climbs everything

~ Is such a sweet big brother.  Constantly kisses and hugs his brother, lays down next to him and imitates him

~ still loves trains, cars, construction vehicles, chainsaws,

~ He talks constantly in the car.  He can spot a train or a dump truck or a bucket truck or a school bus or a digger before I can.

~ he is a picky eater, which is so frustrating but will always eat Pizza.

~  He is stubborn and strong willed, always has been.

~ Lately he enjoys hugging Max and if he can catch him lying down he likes to sit on him and bounce.  Max doesn't so much like this so he runs away as soon as he gets a chance.

~ When he finds something funny he does it over and over and over again.  Or if you do something he thinks is funny he wants you to do it over and over again.  He will try to recreate the same thing again the next day. He has a joke he thinks is so funny, he takes his napkin and hides it then asks you where his napkin is after a while of searching he pulls it out and declares "Nackuk"!  Or at the doctors office the other day we were reading a book about baby faces and I acted out the surprised face.  So now when he taps you on the shoulder he is hoping for a big surprise face.

~ He has learned about tickling.  He will walk up to you and say tickle tickle and laugh so hard.  He even does it to Micah.  Oh and he loves being tickled the most during diaper changes. Silly boy.

~ He says a lot of words, more and more each day.  Lately, he has been repeating what he hears on tv.  This is why we only watch cartoons on PBS when he is awake, but I try to limit this to times when I need him to occupied such as I'm fixing dinner or he woke up really early and I'm exhausted.  Okay back to the vocabulary he says a lot but I am the only one that understands him.  This is because he does not pronounce things correctly.  Here is a list of commonly mispronounced words.

water - "riter" (used to sound like bottle but this week he decided to change it up)
napkin - "nakuk"
lay down - "yay yown"
nutrigrain bar - "nuti badidididid"
light - "yight"

i have run out of steam for comments. enjoy the pis from the last 2 years


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie