Saturday, October 22, 2011

Orlando part 2


The weather people were saying for a week that we were going to have rain on Tuesday so I tried to find things to do indoors and I decided we would go to the Orlando Science Museum.  Small problem the place doesn't open until 10.  So when the boys were both awake at 6:30 I decided we would go out to eat breakfast.  Caleb was wonderful at IHOP.  He ate almost all of his food and was playful with the servers.  Micah had fallen asleep but was still dozing when we stopped at the restaurant and woke up quickly after we got there angry that we wasn't sleeping.  I discretely feed him while we ate our breakfast of champions.  And off to the science museum we went.  This place is big but only has three sections that are appropriate for Caleb's age and is not so stroller friendly (found this out after venturing there with my double stroller).  But there was enough for us to do to keep busy until nap time.

The first section was Kidz town. 
playing with the boats in the current


Caleb got so frustrated playing with this activity. He wanted one boat of every color and when I made him share with the other kids he stiffened up his whole body, turned bright red and said NO.  This is kind of normal and didn't phase me until another mom said "wow he is really upset, that is something".  Yeah my son is passionate about everything.

Next up was some other section where we got run over by a group of middle schoolers on a fieldtrip.  This is when I decided we would stick to the recommended age guide.  And then I had to use the bathroom and Caleb took this opportunity to run away from me.  And I couldn't find a diaper changing station until after I had made space on the floor in a quiet corner.  I was not loving the science center at this point.

Until we found the All Aboard room.  Filled with trains and planes and cars.  Just the room for a little boy.

I loved these little cars.  Perfect size

I failed to get a picture of it.  But there were 4 of these cars and Caleb drove all of them to the same spot where he lined them all up.  He still loves to line cares up.

Until he found this tunnel and thought the car needed to go through the tunnel.

Playing on the train.  Can see Micah and I in the reflection?

See we really were there.

Still playing on the train.

And enjoyed the airplane, for a brief moment
Nap time existed but was a struggle to get everyone asleep.  The second I got one asleep the other one started crying. It was a bit rough.  But after nap time we met up with Chris' cousin's sister for pictures in a pumpkin patch.  They are so very adorable and I will share later.

After the pumpkin patch we headed to dinner at Chris' aunt's house.  His Aunt and cousins (his uncle was out of town) were all able to meet up with us last minute for dinner.  It is always nice to spend time with family.  Sadly I forgot to get some pictures of the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie