So while Chris is busy during the day with the conference, the boys and I get to find something to do (and try not to spend all or money). The first day was filled with lots of highs and lows.
Low: everyone woke up too early
High: the boys entertained themselves with out hurting anyone or damaging anything while I took a shower. Chris had to be at the conference super early so he left as the boys were waking up
Low: It turns out the zoo is 30 minutes away and on the way to the zoo we hit rush hour traffic through down town Orlando
High: We arrived at the perfect time with few people there.
Low: Due to our late arrival it is now time for Micah to eat
High: Since there are so few people there I find the perfect spot to nurse in public, next to the crocodiles. Not kidding. There was a bench in the middle of a long walkway, under an umbrella just outside the reptile house. There was plenty of space for Caleb to run (his favorite activity lately) and I could see him without fear of someone taking him. He was about 20 feet from me and I say "hey Caleb look at the squirrel in the tree above you". At this moment the squirrel knocks a leaf down which hits C in the head and scares him. As he is walking towards me some long grass rubs up against his leg and he is freaked out. So he calmly sat next to me on the bench until Micah finished eating.
Low: Muggy weather and just hot.
High: So few people Caleb can run from animal exhibit to animal exhibit. When he would get tired he would let me push him.
| at the butterfly exhibit |
| I'm 3 months old. |
| The snakes were his favorite, but in this picture he is yelling No b/c he didn't want me to take his picture. This makes me laugh since it is a face I see often. |
Low: The snack bar does not have pizza so we go to leave the park
High: we ride the little train (Caleb is obsessed with Thomas) and it goes through a tunnel. I realize it is getting late and the zoo is in the middle of no where so we had better eat there before we leave.
| So this isn't the train but was his one of his favorite spots just outside the snack bar |
| Look at me, I'm a boy and I climb everything |
Low: It is really close to nap time and we need to be back at the hotel now, but I can't find my keys. Panic is starting to set in. I retrace our steps and nothing. No luck.
High: Chris' keys are back at the hotel and one of his coworkers loans him a car to come rescue us.
Low: Micah is starving and super cranky at this point
| This is me looking rough after a long day (and it is only 2) |
Low: Caleb fell asleep on the way home. You may think that is a high, but it means that he refused to back to sleep once we got to the hotel room.
High: Caleb kindly played by himself and let me finish watching the most recent episode of Project Runway online. Then we all got ready to go to a reception for the conference and meet some of Chris work friends and clients.
Low: But we had to stop to eat dinner before hand and we were running super late. And Caleb is not a fast eater nor can you rush him. I am typically just thankful that he will eat.
High: The hotel dining room has a kids room and we are the only people there. So Caleb could play with all the toys without any fighting. He doesn't actually play with them but instead rearranges all of them, either lining them up or stacking them. Oh and he ate some of his pizza and a bunch of fruit.
Low: Chris phone died so we have to walk in to a large ballroom filled with business people all dressed up cute, and here I am lucky to have clothes that fit that are not yoga pants with two little kids. I'm feeling awesome
High: Chris looks super handsome and is in work shmoozing mode. Kind of fun to watch him put on the charm.
Low: Caleb is nuts and wants to run. He also starts demanding to go outside the second we walk into the ballroom. After ten maybe fifteen minutes we decide it is time to get out of there. But Chris has to stay and keep mingling.
High: I let Caleb play in the sand outside the pool for a while and Micah sweetly naps away. Caleb worked off some extra energy and was sweet and laughing during bath time. Both boys went to bed without a hitch. Then Chris comes back early (he skipped dinner with some clients) and he brought me some fabulous desert.
Traveling with two little ones is always an adventure. More to come in parts 2, and 3.

No comments:
Post a Comment