Friday, June 8, 2012

Back to reality

Have you ever had someone say something to you that stopped you?  It stopped everything you were doing or thinking because they were right. Their words pointed out everything you were doing or thinking that was wrong and you could not argue with it.  This has happened a few times to me this week and it is not fun. But ohh so necessary.

Today Caleb said to me "please be nice to me, mommy".  Ouch that one hurt.  I was so wrapped up in what I wanted to do and what I needed to accomplish that I had been snapping at him, yelling at him and disciplining him. But hadn't played with him in over an hour.  He was right.  So we stopped what we were doing and we prayed together.  I was reminded how my heavenly father loves me unconditionally, no matter how I am acting, no matter what I say, and even when I ruin his schedule by trying to do things my way.  My heavenly father pours out his grace lavishly upon me and I am so undeserving.  God thank you for being the perfect parent to me and to my children. 

This week has been a bit crazy.  We are in the midst of potty training Caleb and poor Micah has a double ear infection and just got switched to a stronger antibiotic.  I am a bit tired and weary so I'm not surprised I was unloving.  But I am thankful that in all circumstances God is showering me with His grace and love.

Lord, please help me to be more gracious to my family.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie