Wednesday, May 30, 2012

10 months and 2.5 years

So I'm not really feeling like blogging lately but I do want to write some stuff down about what we are up to now.  If I don't write it here then I won't remember it at all.  So here goes on all the random thoughts I have had over the last two weeks or so.

We finally made it to the doctor for the 9 month and 2.5 year check-ups.  Here are the stats:

Micah
weight: 20 lbs 13 oz (38%)
height:  29.5 inches (70%)
head: 18.5 inches (80%)

When Micah smiles his whole face lights up.  It is wonderful.  Caleb was kind of serious at this age, so its nice to have a smiley kid.

Eating
The boy gobbles down some baby food.  I make his food so I have no idea the exact quantity that he is eating each meal but I can tell you it is a lot and he seems like he would eat more.  He is also wanting more table food but since he isn't drinking out of a sippy cup (or bottle for that matter) I'm going slowly on introducing him to more solids.  He is probably wanting more and more food because my supply is almost gone.  I am not ready for him to ween himself from nursing but we are down to only 4 feedings a day and they do not last long.  I know this is normal and good but it feels a little early.  I have no comparison because Caleb was at daycare and taking a bottle so the two situations seem so different.  The good news is he loves to eat and is clearly growing, so I know he is doing well even without my milk.

Mobility
The boy is on the move all the time.  He is crawling everywhere and quickly.  He pulls up and moves around objects sometimes moving from one object to another. Lately his favorite position is standing leaning on something with both hands occupied playing with a toy.  He will walk with the walker or if you hold his hands but not for too long.  Depending on the texture (carpet, hardwood, grass, wood chips, concrete) Micah will crawl on his hands and feed (not knees).  It looks so silly but I can't blame him for not wanting to scrape up his knees.  I never would have had Caleb crawling on concrete but Micah is often along for the ride where ever big brother wants to play so he has learned how to get by.




Sleeping:
Micah goes to bed at 7 and sadly has been waking up at 5 maybe 5:30.  Not my favorite, I would rather morning start at 6 am or later.  So we are working on this one.  It is hard to know if this is due to my low supply or just a habit now.


Caleb
height: 36 inches (39%)
weight:  29 lbs (37%)
head:  20 inches (83%)

Caleb is non stop these days, running, climbing, talking just constantly going.  He will get really silly lately and sometimes destructive.  He is a boy through and through.

We have had some wonderful mornings these past weeks.  During Micah's morning nap we have been going outside and listening to the birdies, watching bugs, or being chased by a dinosaur (usually a long stick Caleb finds).  These times have been so sweet.  I try to remember these moments later in the day when we are in full on discipline mode.  Some days all I remember are the crazy hard times as both he and I are extremely stubborn and loud.  But everyday we have some sweet snuggle time or discovery time.

Caleb will say the sweetest things completely unprompted.   They melt my heart.
"I love you so much mommy"
"Daddy, this is just perfect"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie