Last week was exhausting, physically and emotionally. All due to a sick child (well children really). I thought Caleb was finally on the mend from this stomach bug but I was wrong. We seem to be in the clear now, as this is the longest stretch of not sick we have had and he is hungry all the time, all good signs. But that is getting ahead of myself.
 |
| Surveying the work. |
 |
| this is his scared look. He's been sporting it a bunch lately |
Lets see where were we. Oh yes the concrete project. Here are the four sections after day 1.
I thought it was a one day project but it turns out it was a three day project. Normally I would be super irritated by this but since I was sequestered to my house anyways it was nice to have new entertainment come to my door each day.
 |
| He is in love. After being scared he asked to sit in the digger. |
Each day was a new crew with new toys, which made me think wow the construction industry is a pricey one if for no other reason than the amount of equipment and people involved. On Monday there were four people, two trucks, a bobcat, a back hoe, a dump truck, wood, shovels, and rakes. Tuesday there were six people two trucks, a buggy, a concrete mixer, shovels, boots, smoothing stuff (I have no idea what to call them). Wednesday there were only two guys a truck, a pressure washer and straw. We didn't spend much time outside watching on Wednesday partly cause there wasn't much to see and partly because the weather was grouse.
 |
| this picture is in case you were wondering, what is a buggy? And why do they need one. |
If you are a gardner, you may not want to see these next two pictures. They may make you sad.
 |
| This is the flower bed that we removed. I never kept it up and it is usually a hot mess of weeds, except for these beautiful daffodils |
 |
| So i dug them up and replanted them (well I'm still in the process). I have no idea how many bulbs this is. |
I keep forgetting to take pictures of the finished project when it is light outside. Oops. I'll put those in a later post.
In other news Micah has an opinion now. The little guy is on the move and knows what he wants to play with. Unfornatley big brother does not like this and we are in the process of learning to share. Oh and Micah can sit up like a big boy now.
Friday night after over two weeks of staying home and missing bible study and church I was going crazy. So Chris agreed to take me to the movies. It was going to be dinner and a movie but with Caleb sick we were both worried to leave him for too long and decided for peace of mind we would rather put him to bed ourselves. It was awesome to get out, sadly this was the same night tornadoes decided to come through town. The sirens were wailing and the news was freaking out. All this just had to happen on my date night. So the night was cut short and filled with stress instead of just relaxing and laughing. Oh well.

Caleb has now decided that he can "get out of bed all by my own". I'm kind of surprised it took him this long to do it. He has been sleeping in a twin bed since June, and we took down the bed rail in January. He has been climbing into bed by himself since November. Sadly this means that he no longer lays in bed during that semi awake time. He now climbs out of bed 30 minutes to an hour earlier and is cranky but refuses to go back to bed. He also insists on shutting his door back with a loud slam each morning and after nap. And he will leave his room 5 to 15 minutes after we put him to bed demanding that he is not tired.
 |
| I know buddy I feel the same way. |
oh my gosh that last picture is ADORABLE. those boys of yours are cuties!
ReplyDelete