Thursday, March 15, 2012

10 thoughts

So here are 10 thoughts on my mind at the moment in 10 minutes

1.  I am a compartive person by nature.  I notice similarities and differences in most things, like the fact that accidentally both my boys have 5 letters i their names with the same patter alternating consonant then vowel. This can be a great thing, like when teaching math or a bad thing, like when comparing your life to other people and feeling like less of a mom, wife, friend, etc.

2.  I love being a mom of boys.  I love encouraging them to get dirty and be silly and wild.

3.  Why has it taken me so long to decide to find time in my day to work out.  It seems the best time is at the beginning of nap time.  This gives me time to recover, which lets face it on Tuesday aka day 1 it took an hour.  I typically have some me time everyday as the boys naps are lining up more and more

4. Best part about having to stay home, since Caleb is still sick (well at this point he is recovering but I'm worried about him being contagious) is that Micah's naps are predictable.  When we get out and about it is usually during Micah's naps so he only sleeps in the car and then his second nap was all over the board as to when and how long.

5.  I need to listen to more music.  I find myself going to sleep with the theme songs of Caleb's favorite shows.  Which by the way he should watch less of.

6.  Discipline is on my mind all the time.  I know that I am investing in his future and building Caleb up as a man of God (well I'm praying and hoping for that one) but it is tiring.  I read a friend from church's blog post and I love her perspective.  In short she said that she gets to deal with the ugly stuff at home and that she is thankful that her hubby and her get to pour God's truth and love into their daughter.  What a wonderful way to approach the ugliness that comes with our sinful nature.

7.  We have a roomate for a few months.  The weirdest thing about having a room mate is that I don't need to take care of them.  I haven't lived with someone other than my husband or sons in 6 years and I take care of all of them.  So it is strange to see roomie at breakfast and not fix him something and not prepare his lunch or dinner.  Do you notice I like to take care of people with food?  However I find myself crippled with insecurities when it comes to bringing a new mom a meal.

8.  This should have been number 1 but I got side tracked.  I'm an Aunt now.  My sister-in-law had her twins.  They are precious girls and were born healthy and are doing well.  My SIL is adjusting to life as a mom of not one but two.  Can you imagine having 2 newborns in your house?  I remember how hard the first 6 weeks of life with a newborn are but the good news is it will end soon.  I don't remember specifics from Micah at that age just that it was survival mode.

9.  My knee started hurting a week ago.  Bummer.  I have had 5 ACL reconstructions and every time I have had knee pain it means I have torn another one.  I know the signs and symptoms.  I don't think I have torn it (yet) but it is definitely weak.  I am however still carrying around a bunch of baby weight from both Micah and Caleb.  Which is bad for the knees.  I do not have time for a 6 month recovery from knee surgery, nor do I have the luxury or 4 weeks on crutches (2 of which would be non weight bearing).  So since that isn't an option and sitting around doing nothing is not helping -- working out.

10.  What am I going to do this summer when I have two walking children?  We will definitely be staying in the fenced in back yard as apposed to the driveway.  Hmmm, can I convince my husband that we need to purchase a swing set by then?

Well that was a bit longer than 10 minutes

2 perfect little girls

1 comment:

  1. A one minute response: First, I'm really sorry to hear that you might have another torn ACL - no bueno. Second, you're awesome at everything that you do, including being a wife and mom. Third, I'm really enjoying Tom Waits' music right now - not sure how good it is for babies, though... Florence + the Machine might be better/calmer? Fourth - your nieces look adorable! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie