Thursday, September 1, 2011

Stay at Home Mom

Yep, that is me.  This week I really feel like I can claim my new job title. 

Cleaned my kitchen cabinets (the outside) for the first time in almost two years (22 months to be exact)

Looked over our spending from the month and adjusted our budget and realized I need to actually follow this budget

Found some financial advice books that are now on my reading list (which I am actually getting through - see next item)

I only took one nap this week during family nap time and instead spent my time reading, cleaning, laundry and budget planning

Currently reading a book that my mentor and friend suggested we do a book study with our honors class and I used my pregnancy brain as an excuse to not do.  The book is Outliers and so far it is a fun read, with much enlightenment but also some crazy leaps .

Cooked dinner every night this week, starting from scratch and using left overs from the night before

Packed snacks for the car and used them to avoid mid morning/lunch time crisis while running errands

Let Caleb help me make dinner, messier than normal but fun.  And we baked muffins (a hybrid of morning glory muffins and zucchini bread)

Took both boys to the doctor (Micah and I have a cold), it was crazy but we did it

Planning for a fun party with friends this weekend, and I'm super excited to have people over but I'm not stressing about the house or food being perfect. I think having a second child has freed me from the idea of trying to do everything perfectly.  Okay that was a bit of a stretch. I am still worried the house won't be clean enough but I am less motivated to do something about it.

Chris cut Caleb's hair and I didn't recognize him when I went to get him in the morning

Working on teaching Caleb his numbers. We have one, two down pat but he does not seem to like to say three.  Usually I say three and he responds "four".  Not there yet but working on it

We have been playing outside in the yard/dirt in the evenings before dinner.  I'm so appreciating the cooler weather.  I can't wait for the fall.

I am trying to teach Caleb his colors but so far they are just words with no meaning.  I ask him what color something is and he responds before he looks at the item, usually saying blue maybe red and sometimes he says yellow.  My favorite is when he says bluered.  Yep he says blue immediately followed by red.  Most things in our house are either blue, red or brown.

Caleb and I changed the sheets on two beds.  I'm trying to do more household chores with him awake in hopes that he will help me and begin to enjoy the activities. Plus it makes the time go by faster when we are doing something, but the task takes twice as long to complete.

We sat at the table and colored together.

Me and the boys went to Walmart, not going there again any time soon, I missed my kind bag boys who notice that you literally have your hands full and actually load your bags and return the cart for you can.  Micah was wide awake so I put him in the sleepy wrap and Caleb sat in the cart.  M was awake for most of the trip, but C was the issue.  I didn't realize how close to or past lunch time it was and C didn't understand why he couldn't eat any of the food we were purchasing (for example: pizza dough).  Caleb was not fun to be around and I was the mom of "that kid" at the store.

Micah is an angle and is along for the ride, not complaining and only demanding more attention when hungry.

We made a play date and then canceled it because we have a cold.

If you read this entire list, Bravo.  It is the product of my scattered thoughts over the week.  I am hoping to actually post more often, maybe it will happen this time.

On another note, my mother in law is still in the hospital (she has either been at the hospital or a rehab facility for the last five weeks), if you think about it pray for her to regain enough strength to get home.

My sweet boy at 5 weeks old.  The halo is the sun light coming in the window.

Helping Daddy move the piles of "dirt" left from grinding down the tree stumps

1 comment:

  1. I read it all and enjoyed it! You sound like a very productive stay-at-home Mom. Sometimes I feel like I should get a prize just for getting one load through the wash and dinner on the table :). Oh, and your house will be just perfect this weekend -filled with all sorts of friends.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie