Thursday, September 1, 2011
6 weeks old
Micah is 6 weeks old. I can't believe it. I haven't posted any stats about it him so I figured this could be an all about Micah post.
weight: 12 lbs 5 oz
sleeping: like a champ. He takes two naps a day for sure and cat naps in his car seat or bouncer at other times. He usually sleeps after his second feeding of the morning around 8:30 and naps during Caleb's nap at 1:30. During these naps he sleeps until I wake him up for his next feeding. He goes to bed around 8 and sleeps until 6 (I know I am super lucky)
Feeding: He eats anywhere between 2 and 3 hours. His second feeding of the day is usually 2 hours or 2.5 hours after his first. The rest of the day is typically 2.5 to 3 hours. Sometimes it needs to be 2 hours so we can run some errands, and sometimes I forget and it turns in to 3.5 hours. Ooops, I'm not a stickler to a schedule. Still breastfeeding exclusively. I never got the hang of the dream feed with Caleb but with Micah it is textbook. I can pick him up out of bed change his diaper and feed him without ever waking him, it is wonderful. We do this at 10 just before I go to bed.
Temperament: So easy going, and quiet. Micah rarely cries, but he does grunt especially when sleeping. He has started smiling when I give him some face time. Sadly this doesn't happen that much since Caleb is a bit louder and demands my attention often.
Favorite time of the day: I love my mornings with Micah. We wake up at 6 and I feed him then fix myself some coffee and breakfast. We watch some tv together and sometimes read. I usually have time to clean the kitchen and do part of my bible study (that is my goal) before Caleb wakes up. This week I have had time to feed Micah a second time and put him down for a nap before getting Caleb out of bed. I am completely spoiled.
Funny Mardis family fact, all of our names have 5 letters. Yep these are the random things I think of while feeding. I was looking for patterns and similarities, and there are more than I thought. The boys and I have two vowels in our names.
Later, we are off to the first Tech home game of the season. Hopefully I will have pictures to follow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment