Sunday, October 3, 2010

Caleb is showing so much more personality these days.  It is so much fun, and at times annoying.  He is a strong willed child, which is putting it nicely.  This can be difficult since I"m a working mom who only gets to see him for two hours in the evenings which is usually his fussiest of times.  I try to treasure my Saturdays and not fill them up too much. But some times I just get bored, and well so does Caleb.  Sundays are always a blur, so much happening and nap time comes a few hours late.  Yep if you know anything about babies, they like routine, so a few hours late is a big deal.  But we love going to church and seeing all of our friends and being involved.  So it is what it is.  And you know, he gets over it and is happy as a clam the next day.  Actually he is happy as a clam on sundays as long as he is around other people.  Such a social little guy. Okay so that was a bit of a tangent to get to my earlier point of I really have to treasure my moments with Caleb as he is growing up so very very fast.

His one year birthday is right around the corner and I still have no theme.  I should get on that, as I should also be fixing a test, creating a worksheet, finish grading quizzes, decide what to do about the not so fabulous grades and record them, oh and I'm finishing laundry, cleaning the kitchen and ignoring the dust/leaves that is accumulating around my floor.  So much to do and so little desire to do it all.  Yes that list is all stuff that needs to happen tonight.  Oh well, I had a fun weekend.

Check out the raised eyebrow (he gets that from his dad).










Check out the raised eyebrow (he gets that from his dad)
Playing with Aunt Tonya in the Tupperware cabinet
Family photo (and I have no idea what is going on with my hair)

In an earlier post I mentioned that Caleb broke our camera.  To be more specific he broke the view screen.  His new favorite thing is to throw balls, or anything round.  He lifts them over his head and then throws it.  Well he threw a hard plastic ball directly on top of the camera busting the screen.  This week he has been so adorable that i picked up the camera and started snapping like crazy in hopes of getting one good shot.  So here is what we did on Wednesday afternoon, Sunday morning and on Sunday afternoon.
Helping mommy sweep the leaves off the back deck (we have a tree that goes through the back deck and it started shedding leaves in July, maybe June, oh and he picked up the broom and started playing with it.  He did not like it when I tried to take it away)
Playing with the swiffer sweeper don't know why he loves this thing but he follows me around every time I pull it out (while Max runs away).
Action shot.  What a great helper one day
Such a sweet smily baby (don't hate on me because you can still see the supplies from breakfast in the back ground, we had pumpkin pancakes.  Hooray for fall)
They are playing together.  I can't believe I caught it on film.  So the story is a bit more like Caleb was walking around with the toy and Max decided he wanted it so he took it, but Caleb has a firm grip so it took a bit of tugging before Max got it.
Here's an action shot before Max took the toy.  I love that Caleb hunches his shoulders when he is excited and trying to "run" somewhere. In case you are curious what Max is doing he is sticking cleaning out he highchair of any remnants of food.  It is so helpful to have a large dog around, notice his head is just the right height for the high chair.  
Another action shot.  It makes me smile
Another new fascination, placing items on top of tables, shelves, cabinets.  Then he retrieves them later (assuming he can reach that high again, and yes my house is a disaster.  Caleb was playing with the empty creamer bottle and dropped where he was no longer interested in it and I didn't see it until after I got all snap happy with the camera)

This is how Caleb stands up.  He is pretty fast at it now, but Chris was pointing out how funny it would be if adults stood up like this.  
Look at that grin as he runs past me.

1 comment:

  1. Ricardo and I had nursery duty with Caleb on Sunday and we fell in love with him! He cracked us up the whole time - he is so smart, determined, sweet, cute, cuddly, funny and BUSY! He was constantly on the go and always had a plan. We loved how he walks and like you pointed out in this post, stands up. You and Chris are so blessed to have such a delightful boy - he really is a treasure!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie