Monday, September 27, 2010

Uber late update

Due to an unforeseen accident Caleb broke the screen on our camera.  So I have no pictures at the moment. I'll give you more on the story later.

~ On Aug 22 Caleb got his first tooth. The only reason I know the date is we had a bunch of friends in town for a wedding that weekend. I didn't even see it coming.  Caleb loves my coffee mug and I had let him play with it (after emptying it) that morning and as he was "drinking" out of it I heard a scrapping noise. Low and behold he had his first tooth, right in the middle on the bottom.  This weekend I discovered he has a second one, next to it. I have no idea how I have missed all of the signs of teething.  We are a bit late on the 9 month check up, so we went on friday (he turned 11 months old on that day) and the doc said she thinks his top teeth are going to come in all at once b/c his gums are all swollen.

~Even though Caleb is behind in the teeth department he is ahead in movement.  This week he started walking.  Yes people I said my child can walk.  About two weeks ago he took his first step (always towards a ball, guess he needed to be motivated) and slowly added more and more until now he is a walking fiend.  He still has that adorable early baby walk where he wobbles and gets ahead of himself so he falls over. But he gets right back up and keeps walking.  Occasionally he will start crawling somewhere but he usually stands up and finishes by walking. He prefers to walk while holding something, this is typically a ball, or a shoe (held by the shoe laces) or a spatula, you know anything he can find around the house. 

~ Caleb has learned how to throw a ball.  A real win win for me and Max.  Since Max is obsessed with tennis balls and loves to retrieve them.  Caleb likes to play with Max, and now Max has something to look forward to beyond the usual hair pulling.  The hard part is convincing Caleb to throw the ball and not just hold onto it forever.

~ Caleb spent his first and last night for many years camping.  Hmm lets just say not the brightest idea we ever had.  In an attempt to not ruin everyone at the campsites life (lets say 15 families) we took the brunt and didn't get a whole lot of sleep. 

~  Caleb has been bitten at daycare 4 times now.  Twice in the same day.  I am not happy about this but it seems unavoidable at this age.  

~ Since little man is walking so much now, we bought him his first pair of shoes.  Absolutely adorable and makes him instantly look so much older.  My sweet boy is almost a year old. Wow

I bet I missed something.  I'll keep thinking.

Click here to watch a video my mother in law took of Caleb early last week.


1 comment:

  1. thanks for being my first triple digit-er! i'm so glad its someone i know and care about. dude, judah got bit twice in one week at school when he was a defenseless, toothless, immobile little 6 month old. it was so sad and frustrating. luckily caleb decided to grow teeth and learn to walk so now he can fight AND flight against his toothy foes.

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie