Sleep, the beloved word that Chris and I crave. We aren't doing so great at this right now. I finally decided I need to read a few books to get some help, but haven't been able to finish any. Because well when do I have time. Some days he naps and some days he doesn't. It seems like he is so tired that he just can't go to sleep. And so far at night it takes way to long to get him to sleep. He will be calm and appear to be dozing off, then we put him down and with in 30 minutes he is wide awake again. So the cycle starts all over again. It seems that if we hold him for 20 to 30 minutes then when we put him down he will sleep for an 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Which at 3 in the morning is not what i want to be doing.
So today I am trying to establish a routine. To make sure he naps during the day, but not for too long and that he eats enough during the day that he can sleep at night. I know that nothing will be perfect in one day but yet the ration side of my brain is not communicating well with the rest of my brain. And, I am having trouble with following through on my intentions because every day seems to be different. And yes I know that he is almost a month old which is not old enough to expect much "normalcy". But I find that I desire it. I would like for a few days in a row to be the same and for him to only wake up once at night. Oh that would be so nice.

if raising a baby is anything like raising a puppy (which most people say its pretty dang close) then routine is the key. it took our little pup 3 weeks to get into the routine, but once we had it, he hasn't gone off of it since. the hardest part for me was when he was supposed to be sleeping, but instead he was whimpering......i just had to let him be. eventually i was okay with it because i saw him catching on.
ReplyDeletehope my puppy raising techniques work with your baby raising ones :)
Ceasar Milan says they will. ha ha. -Kristen T.