One of our biggest hurdles this week has been breastfeeding. We learned a ton about the benefits of breast feeding and we were excited to be a part of that. However the actual breastfeeding did not come so easily. The first few days seemed so easy, turns out I wasn't feeding him enough. So one day he was starving and crying and very upset, which made me very upset and after an hour or so of this we called the La Leche League. The lady helped us get through the morning. Then we went to the paediatrician and got help from an ex-nun turned breast feeding expert. She taught us more about how often to feed, and how to feed and when to feed, etc. After a day or two we were back to frustration of not latching on, therefore not feeding. So we saw a lactation consultant at Kennestone Hospital and it seems we are finally getting the hang of this.
The most surprising thing this week, has been how emotional I am. Some days I just want to cry for no apparent reason, other days the reason is clear. For example, this morning we had Caleb circumsized. I am glad I watched but at the same time, that was too much for me. Caleb was such a strong little man, it was mom that was crying.
So here are some pictures from this week.
We had a water birth ( I highly recommend it to anyone wanting a natural birth)
On our way home
My two men
Finally getting the hang of this. Look how thick my hair is, when is it going to start falling out?
Chris and Max chillin, while Caleb is eating
Max is still getting lots of attention, as he is our first child
Linda holding Caleb, check out Koko Mardis
Bill and Caleb
Tonya (c's sister) and Caleb who is blissfully sleeping
No, that's not santa that's my dad.
My mom, ecstatic to be a grandma
Max trying to share his toy with Caleb. Max always greets Caleb when we return (only two trips outside of the house so far)
The little man himself
And while I have your attention, I have to brag on some amazing girls I know. Last night the Pope volleyball team won the state championship. I managed to get out of he house to go and see them play. They played so well. This is Pope's first state title. It is an honor to be a part of this sports program. Click here to read the entire article.

So proud of y'all!
ReplyDeletedamn, i should have read this before answering your message. a water birth, how cool! where were yall, bc you said "on your way home" too. after doing natural at the hospital with an MD pressuring us for interventions, i am really thinking of a home birth for #2 in the water. you guys are STUDS! i am dying to hear the whole story. caleb looks just like you!
ReplyDeleteMikki, he is GORGEOUS!!! What a cutie! Can't wait to see him in person! Glad you're doing well, lots of love!
ReplyDelete