Its amazing how when you start eating better foods and you see results it motivates you to do more. I want to exercise more, just get out and get moving. I want everyone to eat better.
I haven't changed the boys diet all that much so I still have snacks and grains in the house. Amazingly this hasn't been tempting. I do feel bad about feeding them processed snacks but I appreciate the ease of them. I want to try and make some of these things from scratch so that I don't feel guilty about what I'm feeding the kids.
The biggest difference you can really notice is in my face. I had no idea I had so much excess in my face but it is gone. I lost a total of 12 pounds. That is crazy. I didn't undertake this challenge to lose weight but instead to change my long ingrained awful habits and my overly emotional relationship with food. Which it definitely helped. I do realize that I have to keep at it so that I don't immediately restart those habits.
I have enjoyed cooking for us, and it has been a good challenge to have to prepare all of the food we ate for 30 days. I am super proud during the month of August we made it through multiple food driven events and did not indulge. These events included pizza at the office, a super adorable 2 year old birthday party, annual church dinner, and home group (we have the best food there).
I love finding recipes and trying something new. Some weeks I would buy a new vegetable and then search for a recipe or a video showing me how to cut it open. I have a new obsession with cauliflower and butternut squash. Spaghetti squash was a bit of a failure but I think it was my cooking method that ruined it.


Way to go!!
ReplyDeleteYay! I love that you all have enjoyed new, healthy habits so much! This motivates me to pick up the slack in our food quality that I've allowed since Silas' birth.
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome Mikki! I'm so proud of y'all. That really is a huge commitment. I have trouble cooking all our meals (which I would say generally are pretty healthy and veggie centered) but certainly not whole 30 approved and are not completely without processed food!
ReplyDelete