Okay so here goes with an update on the Mardis clan and a bunch of pictures.
My very kind Aunt mailed me my keys and they play mat. And yes I now have a large key fob on there so that I won't lose them. Well it is working most of the time.
This is my new favorite picture of the boys. You can really see how much they resemble each other. And that Micah is turning into more of himself (think less a carbon copy of his bro).
I love the comparison. Look how much they change in just 4 months.
So how is Caleb's studdering going? Much much much better. Every once in a while he will studder but that is maybe once every two days. It seems that it is just a developmental stage. I think he was so excited at Thanksgiving to be around all his cousins (most older than him) and trying to keep up with them. It is as if his mind is racing so fast that he can't spit out his words.
It is so stressful when a little one is sick. I would like to say that I am much better at handling sickness but this weekend proved nope I am still a nervous wreck when I think something is wrong. I called the doc on Thursday and they were full for the day but told me I could go to urgent care. So I packed us all up (at dinner time no less) and headed to urgent care, oh yeah which is next to the mall and it is december, not sure what I was thinking. We get there and wait for 20 minutes till they call us to check in. At which time I discovered our copay is way more at urgent care then at the doctor, which sadly I did not know b/c we just changed insurance. So we left and went home. Friday we went to the doctor and he said they both have colds. That is what I call $30 for peace of mind. But then on Saturday we were in the car on the way to an event at church and Micah spits up (which he never does) but upon closer review it was actually vomit. Yuck. This occured three more times that night. So we stay home from church. Everything is going marvelously Micah is happy and smiley and napping. I'm doing laundry and other household stuff I had put off. But after nap it starts all over again. Call the doctor and decide to go to urgent care, luckily this time I only had one kid. Side note: I'm at urgent care go to sit down and find a place to nurse Micah and I sit down next to one of my former students. So weird to see a High School senior at children's urgent care. Don't worry I moved before nursing. Okay so long story short the doctor said it was just a bug and will pass in a couple of days. He did think I was a bit crazy as he asked how much he eats during a feeding and I said "I don't know he is breast fed". Yeah I over reacted a bit but now I feel better.
Memaw came over to watch to boys so I could go to Choir practice. Thanks Memaw
2 of Micah's loves in one picture. His johnny jump up and his Sofie giraffe. This boy loves to be up right and loves to chew on everything.See he has the drool to prove his love of chewing. Do you think his eyes will stay blue?
This picture made me think of one of Caleb, except I think C is 5 months in the red and M was 4 months in the yellow.
One of our new favorites is to play with the cars on the floor. We try to race but he doesn't quite understand the concept so we usually just let the cars go boom (meaning run into each other). The other day we tried to explain that it is really bad when real cars go boom that we call it an accident and people can get hurt.
I love watching them play together.
Caleb and I were playing together one lazy morning while Micah slept in. Fun memories.
So sometimes Caleb gets a little rough. The other day I had to punish him for how rough he was and I said ouch that hurt. The sweet boy walked up to me kissed the booboo and said I'm sorry mommy. All without prompting. Melts my heart.
I made red velvet whoopie pies for Uncle Ry Ry's birthday. They were fun to make but evidently not as awesome as i thought b/c I still had lots left to take home that night.
Mmm cream cheese icing.
Finished product complete with a little hand trying to grab one. It is hard to tell a 2 yr old he has to wait till the next day to eat them.We bought the boys the Fisher price little people nativity. I love it b/c Caleb plays with it and we get to talk more about baby Jesus.
I was doing something in the kitchen and I look over and this is what Caleb had done. He loves to line things up it still surprises me.
This is Mary and Joseph or as we call them Jesus' mommy and daddy. If everyone is in the same room together Caleb will bring me Mary and Chris Joseph. It is so cute.
Sweet Micah ready to go to church for our biblestudy and cookie swap.
Here is Caleb (I think he might be 3 months maybe 4) in the same outfit.
Me and my boys. Yep I finally got a hair cut. Now if I could just style it. I love our smiles here, all so genuine.

Love everything about this post. Especially glad to hear Caleb's stuttering is better. And I would have devoured your whoopie pies!
ReplyDeletebring me your leftovers anytime!!!!!
ReplyDelete