Thursday, December 15, 2011

Vehicles

I love this age for Caleb (and Micah is pretty stinkin awesome in his own adorable, snuggly phase).  Some of my favorite times are actually when we are in transit from one place to the next.  Chris and I were headed to a party the other night, sans kids (a rarity) and he said "look train". We both chuckled.  And Chris mentioned how he also loves being in the car with Caleb.  I don't think he will remember these moments but they are precious to us.  I have mentioned before that Caleb loves to look at all the different types of vehicles while in the car.  Sometimes I forget and I hear this sweet small voice from the back seat say "bucket truck or concrete mixer or dump truck or digger or tow truck or fire engine or train or big truck or motorcycle or Uncle Ry Ry's car or dad's car or papa's car or g-daddy's car ..."  It amazes me that he knows the different names and that he can distinguish between cars.  The other day we were driving through a parking lot and he spotted his daddy's  car and pointed it out and he was right.

I really do enjoy our time in the car I will drive the long way because I know we are more likely to see a train.  I have never enjoyed construction traffic but now I love it.  I see the orange barrels and I get excited because I know Caleb will love it.   Lucky for us there is currently a bunch of construction not far from our house.

This time of year there are tons of bucket trucks out, it is awesome.  Here is a typical conversation:
Me:  Look Caleb a bucket truck
Caleb:  Find more bucket trucks
Me:  I'll try
Caleb: Keep eye open for more bucket trucks?
Me: Okay I'll keep my eyes open

You may be wondering how he learned all the different names, mostly due to 2 of his favorite books.
a gift from our friend Anna

His favorite and slightly annoying to read over and over again as it is so simple, but he actually knows most of the book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie