Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Nursery and 39 weeks

I haven't felt like taking pictures lately thus no blogging.  Sorry there will be no pictures of Caleb today.  Well a week or two ago I finally finished painting some canvas' for Micah's room.  Since we are having another boy I am not very motivated to change the nursery and spend money on new sheets, etc so I thought I would finally hang some stuff on the wall and that would set the room apart.

 I wanted to include some scripture and some color, thus this canvas was born.
 A close up

 An alphabet mural.  I was hoping they wouldn't look so much like stickers but they do. Oh well.

 A perspective on where in the room the alphabet mural is.  Caleb pulled out the piano to play with while I was putting up the mural his morning.

This one is my favorite.  I was intending to paint the letters a color but once i got the canvas painted I loved the look of the white letters.

Well I am 39 weeks and I can definitely tell that I am in the last few days/weeks of my pregnancy.  Here are some of the fun signs that have occurred this month.  
  • I had to stop wearing my wedding rings
  • My ankles no longer exist (on the bright side it has only been this way for a week or so, last time my feet swelled so bad a month and a half early that you could squeeze my foot and it would leave a hand print impression from all the fluid)
  • I can't sit in a regular chair for too long without excrutiating back pain.
  • I look tan, but I'm pretty sure it is just the extra blood 
  • low energy
  • very small bladder
  • I wake up every 2 hours in the middle of the night
  • rolling over when trying to sleep is a big ordeal and take a minute to accomplish


2 comments:

  1. Love the smile in your present day picture! It's almost like you can see the relief that you made it to 39 weeks and Micah's arrival is days away - congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great Mikki! Glowing! You are soo dang close to holding your baby boy in your arms.. I'm jealous! (I still have 4 more months to go)

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie