Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Making trains

Caleb's new obsession is to make trains.  He lines up all the cars he can find to make a train.  He usually does this on a coffee table or the couch which is just the right height for him.  Sometimes he does it on the ground and then pushes the last car to make the train move, but this is usually a frustrating process since all the cars are not the same size and are not connected thus inevitably the train is derailed or doesn't behave as he desires.  You can really see his desire to control stuff when he is putting together his train. 

This is the first attempt.  Notice the size variations, and the yellow thing with three poles is a Melissa and Doug concrete mixer but Caleb did not put the other pieces together, he just likes to play with the base and the convenient carrying poles.

Then he moved the cars to the other side.  Taking a break before he finishes moving the last two

Finishing up the train.

Where should the last car go?

I'm done but I'm not happy about it

Now I'm happy

Wait I'm not done, I forgot about this big car.

Then Daddy got home and I had to re do it all.
Just for fun here are two pictures I took yesterday of my smiling happy kid. He is enjoying an animal cracker and I think a cartoon.  His favorite is Cat and the Hat because of the song, go go go go on an adventure .....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie