2. When Caleb is sick (most of time excluding a fever sick) he shows no signs what so ever. This morning he was happy and cheerful banging on the side of the crib asking to get out. He is always hungry when he wakes up, the really grouchy hungry so I have discovered (after much prompting from Chris who is more annoyed by the early morning cries of hunger than I am - since he is still sleeping) that Caleb is best in the mornings when you wake him up with food. This means I have to have something that is not too messy and doesn't require a high chair (since that is down stairs in the kitchen not his bedroom). So it is usually a nutrigrain bar or muffin. Well this morning the little man seemed in good spirits and begging for food, so we started the morning with our usual breakfast as I am wondering if I made a huge mistake putting in for sub lasting (I'm not missing any crucial lesson today but I was supposed to administer the graduation test, which must be done by a certified and trained teacher not a substitute so it is a big deal to find a last minute replacement). Caleb is chowing down on his first breakfast and hydrating like a champ when he tells me he is done, a very rare and strange occurence. Two seconds later he burps and throws up everything he had just ate. Which made me feel better about making the correct decision to stay home with my son, but super worried again. The thing I learned from all this, is he still shows no signs of being sick. Little man is still hungry (now only eating saltines and drinking G2, he hates pedialyte such a waste of money), still running around playing, being chased by the dog Max and smiling and laughing. So very decieving but I'm happy he isn't miserable.
Just so that this post isn't all words below is a picture from Caleb and I's adventure this morning to get some more G2. Chris and I have been debating the merit of keeping little man rear facing or moving him to forward facing. My mirror broke a while back so selfishly I wanted him forward facing so that I could see him. We have had to switch the car seat from car to car lately so I got my wish and little man was looking forward (which was not Chris' preference but he obliged) until the recent news stories and articles about car seats. "They" (I can't remember which consumer advocacy group it is) are now saying that guidelines have always been that it is safer for a child to be rear-facing for as long as possible and that the earliest a child could be forward facing is a year, not that this is the optimal time to switch them. They recommend children rear facing for two years or until the child out grows the weight/height requirement for rear facing. Our car seat says a child can be rear facing for about 40 pounds, since Caleb is only 22 pounds now I don't think he will out grow it any time soon.
Yep he still sucks his thumbs and his legs must be spread wide or folded in order to fit. But I don't think he minds, he actually enjoyed kicking his feet on the back seat. Notice the sippy cup, he enjoys holding on to his sippy cup while running around the house, or climbing stairs.

No comments:
Post a Comment