Sunday, April 4, 2010

Daffodils and Spring

It has been so wonderful to watch the trees bloom and all the flowers that are showing up around the yard. We moved in during late fall/early winter so we have no idea what is here. For the past two weeks I have been enjoying the daffodils the most. In our yard we have three different types of daffodils, mini yellow, yellow and white. The white ones appear to be the oldest and have doubled over the years. The yellow ones are planted sporadically around the front yard. I can't seem to find the pattern that they were planted in. But that is the story of our entire front yard.

Unfortunately with Spring come the need to do more yard work. I like/hate yard work. I'm not good at it and I don't know what I'm doing but I enjoy being outside and appreciate the finished product. Someone told Chris and I that we need to do something with our yard before the homeowners association mentions it.

Back to my purpose for this post, the daffodils. I have been struck by the gorgeous daffodils all over my neighborhood. They are just beautiful, and after such a cold winter they are truly a breath of fresh air. I have stopped numerous times while walking to admire the daffodils, until Caleb reminds me to keep moving. Last week I was walking to the end of my street where I noticed my neighbor just put his house on the market, so like any nosy neighbor I looked at the flier and was checking out the house. It was at the end of a cold-a-sac, so I was lazily going around the circle when i noticed some yellow and white behind a bush, that I could barely see peaking out beneath the bush. I put the brakes on the stroller and stepped closer, and what did my wonder eyes see but a field of daffodils. I was in awe. I stood there and stared hoping no one would yell at me for standing in their yard. I didn't have my camera, so I went back the next day and before i got there it started raining. Just a sprinkle but it felt like it was picking up so I started running toward the daffodil field ( I was only 3 houses away and really wanted some pictures), but got worried about Caleb so I turned around and ran home. Well I ran for 5 maybe 6 houses before I felt like I was going to collapse on the ground. I told my self I had to at least make it to this one turn in the road but I need a more concrete marker so I spotted a leaf and said to myself, "when you pass that leaf you can walk." And what do you know but a gust of wind came and that leaf rolled forward as I approached. I was determined to be able to walk and too stubborn to not complete my goal so I ran faster and stepped on the leaf and then walked home. Then the work week came and I forgot to get pictures. So I grabbed the camera before I left for work on Thursday and these are the pictures i got that afternoon. Sadly some of the daffodils have started to die but it is still breath taking.

Enjoy







1 comment:

  1. You're right, the daffodils in your neighborhood or gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Lilypie