Friday, April 27, 2012

9 months

This post is about a week late.  I haven't posted about just Micah in a while and he is growing so quickly I thought he deserved  one and I would like to document these milestones.

Last I posted Micah had just started crawling.  Well now he is all over the place.  He is crawling, climbing stairs, kneeling, pulling up to standing, cruising (moving sideways while holding on to something) and taking a few forward steps with his walker. 

He loves to be standing.  Unfortunately this means that Caleb's previously inaccessible toys are all in perfect reach, for example his train table.  I call Micah baby Godzilla because he keeps tearing down all of Caleb's toys.

He now has 5 teeth.  This is astounding to me as big bro was one year when he got his first two.  I have also missed all of the teething signs until the tooth was just  below the surface days from busting through, oh well.


Micah takes two naps a day and sleeps about 12 hours at night.  The first nap is unpredictable as this one is often cut short so that we can get out of the house for a play date or to run errands.  Most days he is super flexible and makes up for it with a longer afternoon nap but every once in a while we have a rough day with two short naps (1 hour would be short a normal nap is 2 to 3 hours).


He is now eating three meals a day and nursing every 4 hours which ends up being 4 or 5 feedings a day.  He is going so long between nursing that I have a lot more freedom.  But feeding him baby food three times a day is time consuming, especially when I'm trying to convince Caleb to eat food and not play.  I decided to try making my own baby food and I have loved it.  I was too intimidated and overwhelmed with working to try it with Caleb at first. I waited till the summer at which point Caleb had been eating jarred food for two months or so and when he didn't like my baby food (what baby actually likes green beans with no other flavors added) I got my feelings hurt and decided it wasn't worth it.  But this time Micah is gobbling it up and I think it is fun and satisfying.  I also decided to make large quantities of baby food so that I don't have to do it very often.  By large quantity think 16 to 18 ice cube trays at a time.  Oh and this week Micah has started eating some solids because he is dying to feed himself. I also discovered that he is a master at eating cheerios and gold fish (this one was an accident since big bro shared his while at the grocery store and then Micah demanded to have more).

Micah has always been a sweet, smilely, laid back baby which he still is but he is getting more vocal about what he wants.  He squeels when I tell him "no you can't play with the dog food" as I move him away from it.  When big bro takes a toy away he grunts or screams.  The other day I saw him crawling towards the stairs and as I was coming to get him the stinker speed up.  It is so fun to see his personality coming out.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Lilypie