Friday was the first day I left Caleb with Chris for a whole night. I went to a choir and orchestra concert for school. It was nice to see some of my students but I missed the little man. I'm glad that I'm not returning to work right now. I still have 8 weeks of maternity leave. I can't imagine how big C is going to be then or what all he is going to be doing. He seems to be growing and changing weekly. I was staring at him this morning thinking about how much he has changed since Thanksgiving.
Saturday night I put the little man down for the night at 8 ish. Lately he sleeps for about 4 hours the first segment of the night, so I was expecting him to wake up between 12 and 1 am. Then after that first segment of the night we will wake up after two or three hours, until around 7 am when he is awake for the day. Well Saturday night/sunday morning I woke up at 2 not to the typical noise or the little man crying but to the painful feeling of needing to feed him. I layed there for a minute in shock that it was 2 am and he was still asleep and that I was awake without having to be. I never imagined that when he finally sleeps longer hours I would wake up before him. Oh well. The little man woke up at 3 am. I'm not convinced that this is normal behavior yet but I did appreciate it and am working towards repeating this.
The other day after my one month post baby check up, I stopped by a second hand baby store. They had tons of stuff. I was looking for a jacket for the little man. He currently has three jackets in size 3 - 6 months which are just too big, and since it has gotten colder i figured he needed a jacket. while there I also purchased two sweater vests. They were too cute to pass up. So on sunday I decided Caleb would wear his collared shirt and sweater vest to church. I got him all dressed and went down stairs to get breakfast. Chris came down and I smiled from ear to ear because they were both wearing sweater vests. I love it when Chris and I match, but he hates it. We matched once at a wedding (the Jackson wedding) and he has never let us match since then, he hated it when people noticed and commented. It didn't help that the only people who commented were guys. So of course I have been wanting Chris and Caleb to match. I had to take a few pictures because I didn't know if it would happen again.
My friend Eleanor stopped by on her one day in town between moving from LA to DC. I know a crazy move that she is making for the third time I believe. Well I couldn't resist taking a photo of the two of them looking oh so Christmasy.

No comments:
Post a Comment